Forum'10 "Smart Energy Usage for a Sustainable Society"
Interactive Discussion 2: Individual Users Behavior
A sustainable economy needs not just technology but also mass behaviour change – perhaps just as challenging to achieve!
An overview of global consumer attitudes to the environment and energy issues, looking at the triggers and barriers to energy behaviour change with specific reference to the UK market.
With further discussion to cover issues such as:
- Carrots vs sticks – the role of incentives and regulation
- Education, information and labeling
- Measuring real time energy consumption
- The problem of standby mode
- Product efficiency and increased usage
- Intelligent energy usage